This course is for persons who need education and awareness or persons who have been arrested and processed for DUI, DWI or similar offenses involving driving under the influence, minor in possession of alcohol or lesser drug offenses. Additional appropriate referrals are from school resource officers, probation officers or diversion programs.
Please have these items handy when you call:
- Driver’s License Number (DL)
- DL expiration date
- Last 4 of SSN
- Citation county, citation number, date
- Case number
- What class you would like to register for
Educate participants about issues surrounding alcohol and other drugs (illegal, prescribed and over the counter) and their impact on the mind, body, and driving task. An additional goal is for participants to develop a realistic plan to avoid use of these substances and not drive while under the influence.
- Explore the impact alcohol and other drugs have on an individual’s driving behavior and skills
- Learn how alcohol and other drugs can interfere with one’s life including legal, financial, home, and social areas
- Develop an action plan to avoid future problems surrounding alcohol and other drug usage
- Understand the potential for addiction and warning signs