Theft/ Consumer Awareness program is designed for a variety of minor theft offenses (i.e. shoplifting, bad checks, theft of services, theft of property). Individuals are referred by courts, probation officers or diversion program officials to NTSI Theft/ Consumer Awareness Workshops. The course is designed to accommodate various types of theft offenses.
Please have these items handy when you call:
- Driver’s License Number (DL)
- DL expiration date
- Last 4 of SSN
- Citation county, citation number, date
- Case number
- What class you would like to register for
Reduce the likelihood of future theft/ shoplifting/ bad-check incidents through participant’s acceptance of personal responsibility and development of a plan to reduce future theft behavior.
- Examination of how Values and Attitudes impact Behavior
- Acceptance of responsibility for actions that led to the participant’s arrest or incident that led to their attendance in the class
- Understand the consequences of future illegal behavior
- Assist participants to identify the importance of making better future decisions
- Development of personal commitment a plan to avoid future theft-related problems and/or arrest.