The Van Safety Program was developed for use by organizations that have drivers who operate large vans as part of their job requirements.
The National Traffic Safety Institute developed the Van Safety Program as a one hour session that can be taught as an additional module to the SAFER Driver Program or as an independent training unit. The program introduces van operators to the dangers of driving a van and how speed and the understanding of the weight ratio and the center of gravity of the vehicle play an important role in the operation of a large vehicle. This program should be a required training element for anyone operating a large vehicle.
- Help them become safe and responsible van drivers
- Inform van drivers of the hazards of driving a van and how to minimize those hazards
- Introduce van drivers to the concepts of the dynamics of van operation
- Discover the importance of pre-trip inspection
To pre-register for an onsite class, please call (352) 493-2211
Please have these items handy when you call:
- Driver’s License Number (DL)
- DL expiration date
- Last 4 of SSN
- Citation county, citation number, date
- Case number
- What class you would like to register for